In this role you will be responsible from taking designs from concept to reality. You will be required to generate fabrication drawings, direct workshop processes, select materials used and work within a budget.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assist in the design of creation concepts and taking projects from initial brief through to completion.
- Assist in the creation of concepts and proposals.
- Design within customer guidelines and budget.
- Take designs from a concept to production ready packages.
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure designs meet their needs.
- Liaise with clients to understand and deliver briefs.
- Survey, record and generate site drawings.
- Produce full fabrication drawings and direct manufacture.
- Create detailed bills of materials, quotes, costing and install documentation.
- Assist in the creation of hand over documentation.
- Assist in purchasing and production scheduling.
- Strong knowledge and experience of 3D design Engineering (SketchUp & Solidworks).
- Strong knowledge and experience of 2D drafting packages (AutoCAD LT, DraftSight)
- Strong knowledge and experience of design for CNC.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Photoshop/ Illustrator/ InDesign.
- Working knowledge and understanding of materials and fabrication processes used within theming industry.
- Have a creative flair with a vivid imagination and superb spatial awareness.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have creative flair, good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Must be able to manage own time and workload to meet deadlines.
- High attention to detail and must possess a friendly and approachable manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Full driving licence and the ability to drive company vehicles
- Must be able to travel and work internationally